Saturday, March 03, 2007

Panther Medium Tank

After a painting Romans for many years I thought I'd tackle something alittle more up to date. I've decided to start a collection of world war two forces in the 28mm scale. Too my delight I found out that the Corgi models I already owned were the right scale for 28mm figures, but being the perfectionist that I am, I had to replaint them to bring them up to the spec of my other figures. Below are three stages of paint job from start to finish. I decided to repaint the Panther tank in 'Ambush' camouflage, Autumn 1944.


A fantastic web-site to go to for all your tank modelling needs, is www.missing-lynx.com. It was while there that I got the idea for caking the tracks in mud and grass. This effect was easy to do and just involved mixing PVA glue with grass flock and painting it on to the tracks. When dry, paint and dry brush in mud colours. I added some tiny finishing touches to help bring the tank into scale with my 28 mm troops, the German helmet as well as a rolled blanket was bought from Bolt-action miniatures. They were great to talk too and sent me free figs and ideas and also put me in touch with the Missing-lynx web-site. So far so good, now I have one of the best tanks of the war, but what about the Infantry you ask well lets see.

1 comment:

Secundus said...

Hello Pleader, sorry I haven't posted anything for a while, I've been snowed under at work for about a month, but here they are at last....the Germans.