Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Black lava texture gel for bases

I saw this tip a little while ago while watching Robin Fitton on his 'grunts' you tube channel.

 Robin was using the gel to base up his 15mm sci-fi figures. I will see how I get on with it, so far so good. These large 80mmx60mm bases have a lot of wide open flat space to fill and this gel could be the ticket.
I will use the gel as the first layer to add some contours to the base. Next up will be a little sand and then flock...you know the drill.

8 comments:

Simon said...

Vallejo do coloured versions of this.

Secundus said...

OOOh sounds intresting...
thanks for the tip.

Phil Curran said...

I've read about this stuff before. Keep us all updated.

Secundus said...

I wonder if you could mix a light sand/grit with it to improve the 'ground' look. I might try that...

Gary said...

Good idea. I have been using Vallejo - Fine White Pumice, for my bases. I'm only half way through the jar. Keep up the excellent blog.

Foss1066 said...

I use the Golden Course pumice gel, and mix my base color into it. Strong, easy to use, and the size of the "sand" in it works well with 28mm scale. I also use it on my canvas gaming matts to add texture and jive with my basing.

looking good!
Ths

Ray Rousell said...

Sounds interesting?

SADLOVE said...

base of your choosing, what do you use for ground texture, as a long ... of Inrepose (Gruntz designer) and use Galeria Black Lava Texture Gel .


goldenslot mobile
gclub
สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง